Every Dollar Makes a Difference #AddADollar
One of the easiest ways to support families struggling with energy costs is through Operation Fuel's #AddADollar program, where we partner with utility providers so customers can conveniently add a one-time or monthly donation to their utility bill, and the providers send your donation to us so we can use it to help families. Click one of our energy partners below to learn more and begin powering your Connecticut neighbors in need.
MDC Customer Assistance Program
- Similar to the Add-a-Dollar Program, MDC customers can make a donation to the MDC Customer Assistance Program when paying their monthly utility bills electronically and help those struggling to pay their water bills. Click here to enroll.
The Add-a-Dollar Program
- Donate $1 or more when you pay your utility bill, both paper bills and electronically.
- If you are an Eversource Energy customer, click here to enroll. If you are a United Illuminating customer, click here. For CNG click here and for SCG click here.
- The Add-a-Dollar program has been a significant source of funding for Operation Fuel since it started in late 1983.
- Connecticut gas and electric utilities, which serve more than 75,000 customers, participate in Operation Fuel’s Add-a-Dollar program.
- Some utility companies have a shareholder-matching program and match a percentage of Add-a-Dollar funds raised.
- Customers can contact your local utility companies to donate more than $1.00 or to become enrolled in an automatic Add-a-Dollar program.
- Some utility companies like Eversource provide a summary of what customers have donated to the Add-a-Dollar program on their billing statement in a note showing year to date donations.
Every Dollar Makes a Difference
The Add-a-Dollar program raises a significant amount of money for Operation Fuel and gives us the resources we need to ensure that vulnerable families and individuals have access to heat and electricity. All of the money collected for the Add-a-Dollar program goes directly to providing energy assistance for Connecticut households.
If everyone who can afford to do so adds just one dollar to their monthly utility bill, it will make a significant difference for the many families and individuals who are struggling with their energy costs. Since Operation Fuel started the Add-a-Dollar program in late 1983, it has provided nearly $19 million in energy assistance to almost 50,000 Connecticut households.